You will have to see ‘from the corners of your eyes’. This means that you have to identify potential traffic from the sides of your eyes, while you have your vision firmly fixed ahead while driving. Since it is not possible to always focus on objects moving on your side, the ability to use side mirrors to glance at traffic is also necessary.
Judgment of Speed and Distance
The ability to judge the speed and distance of other vehicles, even if you have perfect vision, while driving is essential. Lots of drivers face problems when it comes to judging the speed and distance from traffic while driving. This can be achieved with driving experience and it is important to gauge the distance you have from other moving traffic on the road, so that you are able to maintain a safe distance from traffic when switching lanes or merging into oncoming traffic.
Many drivers have perfect vision during day time, but their night time vision is problematic. Night time vision is tricky for drivers, since the glare of oncoming traffic from headlights can cause problems. If you have got low night time vision, then practice extreme caution while driving in traffic at night.
You can renew your driving license online using Texas Driver License Eligibility System if you are able to meet all of the following qualifications:
- You have an official driving license in Texas.
- You are older than 18 years and younger than 70 years.
- Your licensed has not expired for over a year.
- The renewal date for your current license is fewer than 180 days.
- You have U.S. citizenship.
- You don’t have any vision or medical condition that will impair your driving ability.
- You don’t have to change your name or address on the license.
- Your current driving license has not been renewed online.